FireScope Tahoe Release Announcement
To our valued customers,
FireScope is excited to announce the Release of FireScope’s 4.0.0 (Tahoe) Platform available for Customers to upgrade to as of June 2019. This Platform Release is packed full of new features, enhancements, security upgrades and performance improvements.
Release Notes 4.0.3
August 1, 2019
Secure Linux Agent Communication
Linux secure Agent to Edge Device communication adds another layer of security by providing secure authentication and encryption of data sent from FireScope agents to their respective Edge Device.
NOTE: Windows secure agent to edge device communication will be available shortly.
- Reduces internal security risks
- Helps customers meet stricter security programs and regulations
MAC Address Discovery Improvements
Media access control (MAC) addresses are generally a unique identifier of devices communicating on a network while IP addresses may not be. Discovery changes have been made to improve the accuracy of MAC addresses for CIs.
- Identify the correct MAC address for CIs improving the accuracy of your asset list and CMDB.
New SPM Historical Events View
A new Historical Events View has been added so you can easily specify a start date/time and end date/time to filter and investigate historical events.
- See the events that lead up to service disruptions and easily identify the root cause.
- Visualize the cascading effect of events caused by the root cause and identify service redundancy gaps.
- Perform forensic investigations of security incidents.
SPM Event List Enhancements
Troubleshoot and investigate events in context with these new navigation enhancements:
- Distinguish alarms by customer/edge device name by adding the edge device name column to the Event List.
- Quick View dashboard hyperlinks from Recent Events for a CI or an attribute (shows the most recent data).
SDDM Business Service Baseline Maps
Previously released in 4.0.0, the Business Service Baseline Maps allow you to visually track authorized and unauthorized changes to your mission-critical business services including internal and external communication or connections, new CIs communicating to the business service and more.
Maps layouts are cleaner making it easier to view dependencies as multiple connections between two assets on maps are now consolidated into a single line that varies in thickness due to the number of connections.
- Visually see deviations from the previously saved baseline maps for each business service and identify planned and unplanned changes such as new CIs, new or stale application and network connections, virtualization, and storage changes.
- Detect previously baselined communications between CIs that have not been seen for a specified period of time.
- See application code changes that altered application communication ports/destinations that could disrupt service delivery.
FireScope License Manager
FireScope software is licensed by the number of managed configuration items (CIs). The FireScope License Manager will now limit the number of CIs that can be managed according to your unique license key.
Customers will receive an early warning at 90% of the maximum CI count and will be allowed up to 120% of the maximum licensed CI Count specified in your license key. The License Manager will not allow customers to create additional CIs beyond 120% of the maximum CI count specified in your license key.
NOTE: See the “What to Expect” section of this document for more details.
- FireScope will allow you up to 120% of your maximum CI count to allow plenty of time to adjust discovery scopes and contact your FireScope account manager.
Flow Noise Reduction
Network Flow contains lots of valuable information but it also contains a lot of noise. FireScope’s Flow noise reduction improves the signal-to-noise ratio decreasing the noise in the flows thereby decreasing the number of flows stored in the database.
- Identify new assets and changes to baseline maps faster
- Significantly faster rules engine processing times
UI performance and usability improvements for SDDM
- The CI list now loads within a few seconds.
- You now have the ability to paste a CSV list of IP’s into all inclusion and exclusion lists.
- Network traffic list filters display results significantly faster.
- When using a table you can filter on multiple columns simultaneously
[Fixed: CSP-7710, CSP-7846, CSP-7850] Reduced the likelihood of false Ping failure alerts and improved error logging
[Fixed] Maintenance Window Timezone issues
[Fixed: CSP-7908] Error deleting Remote Agent
[Fixed] Saving Business Service Rule retains old values
[Fixed] Blueprint Attributes missing from Advanced Blueprint Event Definition selection
What to expect
Here is what to expect with the new License Manager control features.
Warning: This account is near its license limit
If you are using SDDM or SPM and your total CI count reaches 90% of your total licensed CI’s, you will receive a friendly early warning message just below the top menu in the form of a yellow bar with an action button you can click that will provide instructions on how to upgrade your license. Please contact your FireScope account manager and we will be happy to assist you.
Warning: This account has reached its license limit
If you are using SDDM or SPM and your total CI count reached 100% or greater of your total licensed CI’s, you will receive a friendly warning message just below the top menu in the form of a red bar with an action button you can click that will provide instructions on how you can upgrade your license. But don’t worry, we have provided you a small safety net that allows you to continue to add CI’s up to 120% of your total licensed CI count so you can continue without disruption. However, If you reach or exceed 120%, you will not be able to add any new CI’s. Please contact your FireScope account manager and we will be happy to assist you.