Service Asset Discovery & Dependency Workshop | Sacramento, CA
December 10, 2019
Date: Tuesday 10th December. From 10 am till 5 pm. Lunch provided.
Organizations have a vast array of disparate assets residing in the network, on-premises and the cloud and to understand how best to manage them can only be done with regular and ongoing persistent active discovery and understanding of the complex inter-relationships that exist between them. FireScope consultants will provide an overview of Service Asset & Configuration Management as a process whilst addressing the following areas:
- The pitfalls of implementing a CMDB and how to avoid them.
- A structured approach to starting your CMDB implementation project with high-level guidance on the activities that should occur within each phase.
- Guidance on selecting an appropriate scope of Configuration items for inclusion within the CMDB
FireScope is pleased to announce this one-day, free, discovery workshop, which will provide you with the knowledge to help you take control of your critical IT services and their upstream and downstream related assets. The workshop will combine best practices theory with practical live demonstrations to show you how to create an automatic self-populating configuration management database (CMDB) giving you a real-time view of all your IT assets and their dependencies.
Why you should come.
The CMDB and Configuration Management System underpin all other IT Service Management processes. Their successful implementation is often seen as one of the marks of a “mature” process implementation. This workshop is designed to help you address everyday issues when it comes to your CMDB and the related effect of its’ strength on your Change Management, Service Level Management, Service Catalog Management, Availability and more. For example:
- Is your CMDB constantly out-of-date and in need of an update?
- Are you still using an excel spreadsheet to keep track of critical Cis?
- Struggling to understand the relationship between critical services and their dependent assets?
- Is your Change Management working from up-to-date information?
- Does your CAB need multiple stakeholders in attendance due to a lack of documented knowledge?
- Do you want to be aware of devices and applications connecting to your network as it happens?
What you will learn:
- The basics of building a CMDB and why you should
- How to build a dependency map of key IT assets and services
- The maturity of your organization Service Asset and Configuration Management Process
- A foundation for a great Configuration Management process and team
- Identify the impacts of changes on dependent Configuration Items (CIs)
- How to use service maps to logically visualize IT dependencies to decide SLAs/OLAs
- Gain an end-to-end understanding of applications and business services – even those that are a combination of on-site and cloud-based or span multiple data centers
- Federation of asset data into your chosen CMDB