Service Asset Discovery & Dependency Workshop | London, England
February 11, 2020
Location: London, England
Date: February 2020. From 10 am till 5 pm. Lunch provided.
On Our Partner Pink Elephant Site: Coming Soon
Pink Elephant and FireScope are pleased to invite you to join us on the 27th of November for a one-day workshop which will provide you with the knowledge to take control of your critical IT services and their upstream and downstream related assets.
The workshop will combine best practice theory with practical live demonstrations to show you how to create an automatic self-populating configuration management database (CMDB) giving you a real-time view of all your IT assets and their dependencies.
Before the workshop, we will send a Service Asset Configuration Management (SACM) assessment questionnaire which will enable us to provide you with a benchmark report between the current state of your process and the Service Management Best Practices as documented within ITIL® as well as a comparison against the average industry maturity. Recommendations will be provided to assist you in your journey and support you with the creation of a roadmap for future steps.
*Seats are limited and provided on a first-come basis.
Why you should come.
The CMDB and Configuration Management System underpin all other IT Service Management processes. Their successful implementation is often seen as one of the marks of “mature” process implementation. This workshop is designed to help you address everyday issues when it comes to your CMDB and the related effect of its’ strength on your Change Management, Service Level Management, Service Catalog Management, Availability and more. For example:
- Is your CMDB constantly out-of-date and in need of an update?
- Are you still using an excel spreadsheet to keep track of critical CI’s?
- Struggling to understand the relationship between critical services and their dependent assets?
- Is your Change Management working from up-to-date information?
- Does your CAB need multiple stakeholders in attendance due to a lack of documented knowledge?
- Do you want to be aware of devices and applications connecting to your network as it happens?
What you will learn:
- The basics of building a CMDB and why you should
- How to build a dependency map of key IT assets and services
- The maturity of your organization Service Asset and Configuration Management Process
- A foundation for a great Configuration Management process and team
- Identify the impacts of changes on dependent Configuration Items (CI’s)
- How to use service maps to logically visualize IT dependencies to decide SLAs/OLAs
- Gain an end-to-end understanding of applications and business services – even those that are a combination of on-site and cloud-based or span multiple data centers
- Federation of asset data into your chosen CMDB