FireScope Unify's Enterprise Service Bus
An important differentiator for FireScope Unify is its ability to acquire
and collect both unstructured and structured data that exists within our customers' domain and then transform that data and relate it to their critical services. Aggregating this data, which may reside in custom-built or proprietary applications, into management dashboards has traditionally been either impossible or required significant professional services.
FireScope's Enterprise Service Bus makes it easy to access, securely transfer and normalize data from virtually any source in any format. All configuration of FireScope's ESB is performed directly within the solution's web-based interface through interactive wizards, with no need for expensive professional services engagements.
Its primary capability is in support of our
Subscribe – Normalize - Publish integration model that offers FireScope
Unify users the ability to collect disparate unstructured and structured data
and relate it to a critical service in a way that benefits their organization, all
without the need for costly programming or on-going integration services.
Normalization means that the data collected is transformed from bananas
and apples into apples and apples and then aligned with the appropriate
configuration item or service. Additionally, by utilizing the FireScope ESB
you can facilitate service-level visibility and determine service performance, root cause analysis, business activity monitoring, regulatory compliance, and business intelligence in a deep and meaningful way.
FireScope's Enterprise Service Bus isn't limited to only pulling data, it can also push data to third-party solutions to augment their value. The most common use cases for push integration are with Service/Help-Desk solutions like ServiceNow and Automation platforms, whereby as FireScope identifies events it generates tickets or triggers automation scripts. After initial creation, FireScope proceeds to listen for additional data from the third- party solution to indicate resolution or completion of key processes.
A leading global financial services firm uses FireScope's ESB to collect and publish data used in managing the business impact of it's Low Latency Trading System globally. This system supports collecting multiple types and data points as it relates the business data such as trading volume and latency with the underlying IT assets that provide the Low Latency service. They are extending it to bring in market data and other related data to support the needs of the traders and trading system. It is important to note this is a critical system with an extremely high-transaction volume.
Suncorp, one of the largest financial services firms in Australia now manages its entire Guidewire ClaimCenter's environment - including storage, servers and applications - using FireScope. Many of the data points are collected via the ESB and then related to the Guidewire service. This approach gives Suncorp a “Business Services View”, which is a single view of all performance metrics and issues that provides it with a clear management advantage. They had previously tried doing this with one of the Big Four's products and failed to have any success.
A large banking institution needed to gain greater visibility into their Bill Pay, and Online Banking applications. Without that visibility they were blowing delivery timelines and wasting >$2M of professional services trying to identify root cause for the failures. Before the FireScope, they spent $600K on one of our large competitor's software plus another $400K on services, only to realize it would not meet the need. With only one FireScope delivery person utilizing Unify and its simple ESB capability and agents to collect various types of data, they were able to provide the required visibility in two days. Additionally, that same person was able to provide additional service group views and dashboards for 80+ mission critical online banking customer applications in another 5 days.
Configuration is quick and painless, driven entirely through web-based forms with no need to perform custom programming or install additional software.
- Define your transport, or how FireScope will be collecting or receiving data (e.g. direct database connection, TCP socket, multicast, ftp, webservices)
- Define the payload, or how the data is formatted.
- Your done!
- Built from the ground up on a true Enterprise Service Bus platform.
- Natively speaks the languages (protocols) that you don't such as ftp, http, https, jdbc.
- Database support includes Oracle 10g and above, Sybase 10 and above, Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 and above, MySQL 5.03 and above.
- Leverage ESB capabilities without custom programming.
- Extensible to a large variety of data sources.
- True ESB standardization provides non-proprietary integration for all data sources.
- ESB capabilities delivered as a core capability, not as an extra feature that costs you more.
- Reduced time to market for collection of new data streams.
- Easily supports data collection from legacy solutions with ESB integration.
- One-stop shopping for all your data collection needs.
- Supports an unlimited number of data source collection points.
- Opens data integration to the data streams in your world. While other products simply say "Sorry we don't support collection from that data source."
- No need to purchase product add-ons to leverage ESB capabilities.
- Flexible architecture of ESB means that future expansion is easily supported.
- Data integration is achieved through configuration without costly custom programming to integrate ESB data sources.
Single, Complete Solution
- Complete solution in a box - FireScope Unify is shipped as a physical appliance, with the complete software stack pre-installed and ready to go. Deployment is as easy as starting the appliance, with no need to purchase additional hardware or software licenses.
- Powerful monitoring and data collection - Over 20+ monitoring protocols and data collection methods enable FireScope Unify to tap into business applications and monitor the underlying infrastructure to provide early warning of health and performance issues, correlated with the business metrics they impact.
- Multi-site aggregation - Child appliances at each of your geographically dispersed locations push data and events to a corporate master for a truly global view of IT operations.
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) - Utilize data from your existing monitoring and management solutions, custom applications and more without the need to write scripts or hire expensive consultants.
- Service perspective - Every event and asset is aligned by the service, application or business process they impact, enabling IT operators and leaders to focus on what delivers the most value to the business.
- Business impact analysis - When multiple incidents occur at once, FireScope Unify's business impact analysis puts the event in financial terms based on lost revenue or productivity, thereby helping operators understand which events take priority.
- Dashboards and Analytics - In addition to user customizable dashboards, FireScope Unify includes an inline analytics feature that delivers actionable intelligence with just a few clicks of the mouse.
- Ease of use and customization - Whereas traditional approaches require an army of consultants and programmers for a typical deployment, FireScope Unify is designed to empower the user with interactive wizards, inline help and intuitive forms to make even the most complex task easy.
VideosWatch videos of FireScope Unify in action.
Check it out
FeaturesDive into the rich feature-set and architecture of FireScope Unify. Learn more
Case StudiesLearn how current FireScope customers across the globe are cutting costs and simplifying IT Operations with FireScope. Read now.
Screen CapsBrowse our collection of screen shots of FireScope Unify in action. Check them out.
Tech BriefsGrab our tech briefs for more in-depth explanations of FireScope Unify's capabilities. Read more
DifferentiatorsExplore the top ten innovations that have customers world-wide choosing FireScope Unify. Explore now
Use CasesOne solution, so many capabilities. Read about the various ways customers are using FireScope Unify to simplify their IT Operations. Learn more
White PapersDownload our white papers, with indepth explanations of how FireScope Unify can aid in solving many of the most common problems IT Operators face today. Grab now
DownloadExperience the power and ease of FireScope Unify by trying its little cousing FireScope Dash for yourself with a free 28-day trial. Download now