FireScope Stratis Overview
Technology is a fundamental ingredient in business success, yet few organizations fully understand and communicate the value technology that delivers on a daily basis due to the limitations of most enterprise management solutions. While availability and technology performance are important, technology ideally should be viewed and managed from the perspective of how it enables the business to achieve its larger goals.
FireScope Stratis helps organizations maximize the business value of their technology by blending business kpis with technology metrics and applying real-time, historical and predictive analysis from a single, Big Data platform. With this highly extensible platform, you need only collect the data once and use it for a variety of use cases ranging from service troubleshooting to complex IT-Business analytics.
FireScope Helps Improve The IT-Business Relationship By:
- Communicating the ongoing value that IT provides to the business to every level (CxO, Business Line Owners, and IT).
- Quantifying the real-time financial impact and effectiveness of business services provided by IT.
- Minimizing the effect of outages and degradations of services, and help ensure that IT resources are allocated based on business priority.
- Offering best practice process and organizational improvements to enable IT to better align with the business.
- Providing insights into business services that allow for process and cost optimizations.
- Predictively analyzing service capacity with regard to business growth to prevent business interruptions.
One platform, many benefits:
- Identify, trace and repair business impacting problems faster, more effectively.
- Better optimization of IT assets, business processes and future investments.
- Gain real-time, historical and predictive trends on IT services and their related business outcomes.
- Faster time to deliver new services and greater agility for IT, while reducing workloads.
- Faster identification of advanced threats and internal security threats and visibility into which services are impacted.
- More efficient prediction of infrastructure capacity requirements to avoid over spending.
- Superior financial and project planning for IT as a business.
- Ability to build your own custom management/analytics solutions with little to no coding.
Manage the Entire Service Stack from One Dashboard
In order to fully manage the value-generation chain of technology, every layer of the service stack must be included. Latency at a critical switch, clogged up transaction queues, even capacity issues with storage volumes can all impact the delivery of service outcomes. Therefore, FireScope was designed to collect and analyze key metrics from across the service stack to provide a complete picture of how IT is delivering outcomes.
The average enterprise utilizes well over a dozen monitoring and management tools. Why? In an effort to contain costs, many organizations purchase 'just enough monitoring' to solve the most pressing problems of the day. In many cases, this is a network monitoring or application performance monitoring tool. However, within months of this investment, new issues emerge and gaps in visibility are discovered, prompting the purchase of an additional tool. Then another. And another.
By the end of a year and a half, the licensing fees, professional services engagements, maintenance and support (M&S) and other costs have skyrocketed. When compared to purchasing a complete, end-to-end solution such as FireScope, this silo'ed approach can often end up eclipsing 3-4 times the cost, and the fragmented view delivered can impair effective incident response.
One Platform, Many Use Cases
Business Owners, Line of Business Heads
Business owners know that technology delivers value, but possess little to no visibility into precisely what that value is. Traditional IT reporting such as SLAs only focus on how often IT didn't fail. With FireScope Stratis, technology performance is communicated in terms that business leaders can easily understand and promotes better communication between IT and the business.
- Transparent, real-time view into the health of the technology services supporting each line of business.
- Insight into the financial implications of performance and availability issues.
- Improved visibility into how technology investments are supporting business growth.
FireScope Stratis' ability to blend business and technology data and apply historic, real-time or predictive analysis is uniquely suited to provide business analysts - both inside and outside IT - with new insights with a minimum of effort.
- Ability to gather virtually any data from any source, without writing code.
- Real-time, historic and predictive analytics capabilities.
- Drag and drop report writing as well as dozens of complex analytical algorithms.
The rich analytics capabilities available in FireScope Stratis enable IT management to gain fresh insights into exactly what is required to deliver user experiences, and to model future requirements based on business growth.
- Improved communication and collaboration with business owners.
- Consistent, accurate IT-business analytics across all teams.
- Visibility into user perception and business outcomes to communicate and drive the business value of technology.
IT Engineers & Specialists
Most organizations utilize a dozen or more point solutions to manage their critical environments, forcing IT professionals to consult at least a half-dozen interfaces to troubleshoot a single issue. With FireScope Stratis, all this can be performed from a single interface, simplifying incident response and putting an end to the blame game.
- Line of sight between personal efforts and business outcomes and goals.
- Proactive alerting of service performance degradation, enabling response before users are impacted.
- Root-cause in 2-clicks enables more time for business driving projects.
Single product solution versus complex suite of 18+ products required by Big-4 monitoring and management suites (BMC, HP, IBM, CA).
Requires less than 50% of the physical hosts to operate, configure and maintain when compared with a legacy Big-4 suite.
Reduce Vendor/Product Sprawl
Opportunity for tool set consolidation to reduce overall M&S costs. Lowers the requirements or need for other 3rd Party Licensed products.
Business/Technology Data Blending
Enables organizations to master the business opportunity of IT and become a true partner in the business.
Easy Data Integration
Our service bus capability allows for nearly code-less integration and correlation of structured & un-structured data.
Simplified, Right-Sized Cost Model
Licensing based simply on number of CI’s.
Increased Operational Efficiency
Reduces the amount of FTE headcount required to build out and maintain solution.
A proven ability to deliver user self-service improves agility and lowers the cost and pressure on IT operations.
Big Data (NoSQL)
Single data repository with high performance business intelligence capabilities and built-in redundancy.
Stratis has three independent layers of elastic scalability. More collect, compute and storage can be allocate automatically.