Career Opportunities at FireScope
Looking for something new and exciting to focus your energy on? FireScope is looking for a few talented individuals who are interested in working with a great team and accomplishing something memorable.
Below, you will find our current available positions. To be considered for a position with FireScope, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. All resumes will be kept for up to twelve months if an immediate fit is not identified. Employment agency resumes submitted will be regarded as unsolicited and appropriately filed.
This is a senior level delivery engineer that will provide technical advisory and implementation services on FireScope Software’s ITSM enterprise level software solutions for our customers. Delivery Engineer builds positive and strong customer relationships and uses best practices along with experience working with organizations to lead and advise our customers toward a total solution implementation that solves their critical IT Services management issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivery Engineer is responsible for leading and/or participating in project teams comprised of FireScope, partner, and customer resources at client sites to deliver required outcomes and produce additional business with our clients.
- Applies technology to improve the IT operational effectiveness or efficiency for our customers.
- Installs, configures and tailors FireScope ITSM products to meet customer requirements.
- Integrates FireScope products to other products and third-party applications.
- Works with customers to test solutions and transition solution from project team to customer operational team
- Improves the quality and efficiency of the solutions delivered to clients as a means to improve methodologies and consulting business margins.
- Accountable to client for achieving specific outcomes by delivering services as directed by the technical lead.
- Works independently in achieving stated objectives.
- Professional consulting experience with a software vendor or consulting firm preferred
- Strong communication, presentation, and client relationship building skills
- Ability to lead customer workshops confidently and consult customer on making decisions according to best practices using experiences from working with other customers
- Ability to translate functional/process requirements and into a technical design deliverables
- Strong understanding of the functionality of IT data and business data tools with the ability to demonstrate the product and how it supports best practice processes
- Strong application software development for one or more of the Linux, Unix, Windows Server and Desktop operating systems.
- 5+ years’ experience delivering software implementations.
- Strong application software development for one or more of the Linux, Unix, Windows Server and Desktop OS.
- Understanding of computer server architectures, including peripheral interfaces (SCSI, RAID, Ethernet) and multi-processor designs (SMP) (e.g. SNMP); capacity/performance management and tuning; and storage and network management; (ISP/ASP) hosting operations. Perl, Linux Unix Shell (Bash Korn) and Powershell programming/scripting.
- Ability to travel 75%. Home office based as majority of work is at customer locations (or via remote connectivity)
- BA/BS in computer or engineering related field or equivalent experience
Vice President, North American Sales
Southern CA or Dallas, TX
FireScope's leadership team is looking for an exceptional leader- Rockstar- to build and lead our enterprise software sales team to explosive growth. We have a fantastic enterprise software solution in a large and expanding market. Our current customers love the solution. Channel Partners are excited about it. Industry analysts are raving. We released our cloud version of the product September 2012 and are already penetrating Fortune 1000 companies displacing legacy Tier 1 Vendors. We just need you to build a great team of sales professionals to get our solution sold and successfully implemented at great companies here in NA. This leader will be rewarded with a significant equity and compensation package for their performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to the sales organization, and counsel to the executive team in implementing sales organization’s objectives that appropriately reflect the firm’s business goals
- Design, implement, and manage sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes are appropriately integrated with other planning processes
- Oversee the hiring and development of the sales organization in North America.
- Be a role model for the company culture – “ Customer Success”
- Sell directly to end customers while simultaneously building and supporting partner channel with Value Added Resellers
- Facilitate successful implementation of new programs through the sales organization by ensuring a well-defined, efficient sales process is in place for launch
- Foster an organization of continuous process improvement
- Proficient with Salesforce.com managing tactical data and report generation
- Prioritize investments in enabling technologies in support of sales organization’s productivity
- Work closely with executive team to define the optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success
- Develop and maintain key customer relationships and implement strategies for expanding the company’s customer base
- Develop pricing policies, including volume discounts and terms and conditions for high-profile customers and channel partners
Education and Qualifications:
- 10+ years of Sales Leadership in a B2B Enterprise software environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics or related field, MBA preferred
- Experience with ITSM, APM, ERP, and Monitoring solutions.
- Start-up or Emerging growth company experience
- History of exceeding personal and team quota
- Strong executive and operational leadership skills
- Solid track record of building a high performance sales organization
- Outstanding selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills with executive level customers and partners in the Retail and Financial industry preferred.
- Establish contacts and develop relationships with potential customers and channel partners
- Ability to travel extensively
Senior Account Executive
Southern California, Dallas, New England/New York, and ANZ
The Senior Account Executive will be responsible for penetrating new accounts and leveraging existing customer relationships to meet quarterly and annual sales goals. This person will work closely with a dedicated Sales Engineer to identify, penetrate and win new business. A proven approach to complex, strategic account selling along with IT Service Management and/or Compliance software experience are critical to this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must have a proven tracked record selling Enterprise Software solutions to Financial Services, Property & Casualty, Retail and Technology Firms
- Ability to build, create and enhance trusted relationships with leading regional software resellers
- Proven experience developing strategic account mapping within a territory
- Develop and maintain key customer relationships and implement/execute strategies for expanding the company's customer base.
- Successful experience selling into Fortune 1000 accounts utilizing a strategic sales methodology (e.g., MEDDIC, Power-Based Selling, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to exceed quarterly sales objectives with a good combination of focused activity in the field, strategic thinking, resourcefulness and tactical implementation
- Sell directly to end customers while simultaneously building and supporting partner channel and Value Added Resellers.
- Work closely with sales manager to define optimal performance measurements to reach sales goals.
- Great listener with excellent communication and presentation skills are a MUST
Education and Qualifications:
- 10 + years of successful experience in the Enterprise IT software in a B2B Enterprise environment.
- Experience with ITSM, APM, ERP and Monitoring solutions.
- Start-up or Emerging growth company experience preferred.
- History of exceeding personal and team quota.
- Strong computer and written communications skills
- Experience with Salesforce.com, WebEx and other SFA and social networking tools
- A self-starter with the ability and drive to work in a high-growth, dynamic environment with minimal supervision
- BS/BA Degree in Business or Economics preferred
- Ability to travel extensively
Senior Platform Engineer
This position will have specific responsibility for the build and release of the FireScope Appliance Platform. We are looking for a dynamic and experienced professional with a proven track-record of innovation. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working closely with others in a fast-paced environment and who is interested in the challenges behind building and supporting an Enterprise-class Hardware and Software based Appliance. You will be working with a talented team of start-up and industry veterans to grow the platform as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct responsibility for the Customized Linux Platform OS
- Pro-actively manage platform that supports FireScope's Products
- Manage the overall FireScope platform Build and Update environments for multiple products, including the Appliance compile and build processes.
- Investigate and troubleshoot complex production issues, manage issues in a defect management system.
- Assist in the deployment, documentation and maintenance of a variety of different software systems for both external and internal customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Can do attitude tempered by commitment to making the team a success.
- This position requires strong Linux / Unix skills with RHCE or similar Certification required.
- The ideal candidate has extensive experience with Unix / Linux administration within a networked environment.
- Excellent ability in Scripting languages including Bash and Perl.
- Strong Knowledge of MySQL 5.0 InnoDB.
- Solid understanding of system virtualization, VMWare, ESX server.
- Experience with replication, clustering, tuning, sizing, monitoring including operating systems for running MySQL and implementing / supporting high volume MySQL.
- Troubleshooting all aspects of the Linux Appliance platform and operating environments.
- Performance tuning, networking, system security, IO monitoring and analysis of Linux based platforms.
- System security (wrappers, SSH, sudo, logging, auditing, intrusion analysis).
- Ability to lead technical discussions and projects in an organized manner.
- Ability to drive problem resolution to root cause.
- Ability to document strategies and designs and present to these ideas to management with cost/benefit analysis.
- Must be able to manage time effectively and to deliver on commitments.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including both written and verbal communication skills.
Credentials and Experience:
- 7-10+ years of Linux system administration including at least 5 years of Red Hat Linux administration.
- Experience with Dell, EMC, IBM, HP and Sun hardware.
Like to have:
- CCNA or commensurate experience
- Strong knowledge of Python is also a plus
- Significant experience with storage protocols including NFS, SAN and iSCSI
- Experience with NetApp technologies
- Cloud computing or multi-server environment
- Experience with RPath Linux build environment a plus
Additional Requirements: BS in Information Technology, Computer Science or a minimum of 7 years equivalent experience
Full-time employees enjoy these outstanding benefits:
- Comprehensive health, dental and short term disability & long term disability plans
- Business casual dress code.
- Personal days, holidays, and vacation days.
- A friendly, team oriented environment.
Senior Sales Engineer
Central, North and Southern California Regions
FireScope is seeking a Senior Sales Engineer to immediately join our team. This individual should be highly motivated, growth oriented, independently driven and well-seasoned in enterprise software solution sales.
- Assist in acquiring new business
- Continue to grow relationships with established customers
- Consult with prospective customers to identify immediate and future needs
- Design appropriate FireScope solution based on identified requirements
- Creating presentations
- Complete business value assessments
- Perform business technology alignment surveys
- Conduct onsite and online technical demonstrations to prospective customers
- Implement FireScope solutions based on customer requirements
- Manage customer relationships to ensure continued success and growth opportunities
- Have availability to travel greater than 30% of the time.
Ideal candidate will have a background in systems administration or management, consulting and/or similar environment. This individual must also possess the following.
- 5 - 10 years technical sales experience with enterprise customers
- 3 - 5 years network operations and systems administration experience
- Experience translating customer requirements into development and engineering deliverables
- Ability to understand customer's immediate and future needs and how they relate to FireScope
- Thorough understanding of industry standard network technologies
- Understanding of sales cycle and business procurement processes
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Experience leading in-depth technical training classes, webinars, online demonstrations, and workshops
- Ability to create and maintain long standing relationships with all levels at customer organizations
- Ability to quickly determine differences in technologies and provide business value based on these differences
An individual with the additional desired knowledge below is highly preferred and will be considered immediately.
Experience with the following technologies is a plus:
- Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Load Balancers (Cisco, Juniper, etc.)
- VMware Virtual Infrastructure and vSphere
- Microsoft Windows, Exchange, SQL Server
- Red Hat and SUSE based Linux
- MAC OS
- IBM AIX
- Oracle, MySQL, Solaris, Java
- Apache, IIS, Tomcat
- Ability to mentor and/or manage other sales engineers and internal support
- Network and Systems management, monitoring and administration experience
- Expertise providing direction to development on industry best practices
- Knowledge and experience of competitor products
- Industry certifications to include CISSP, CCNP, MSCE, VCP, RHCE, SCMDBA, SCSA
If you are a pre/post sales engineer looking for an exciting opportunity in a fast paced, emerging growth company and have experience in network operations, systems administration and enterprise software sales you are encouraged to immediately submit your resume.
Tech Support Engineer II
Our team is growing, come join us! FireScope's vision is to be the leader in aligning customers' technology performance to their business and customer experiences through highly innovative, ondemand solutions.
FireScope is currently seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join our Dallas Team. This position will work closely with FireScope customers to accurately troubleshoot, document, and resolve their issues.
- 2+ years prior Technical Support/Helpdesk experience.
- Must have good customer service, phone, computer and technical support skills.
- Maintain a high degree of professional communications with internal and external customers and company executives.
- Provide overall escalation management and technical solutions when issues are reported to them, including but not limited to, review of open issues on a daily basis, updating our customers on the status of their escalated cases, and assisting in the reproduction of issues.
- Document issues within the call tracking system.
- Log all testing, troubleshooting and research done in process of resolution.
- Produce articles for submission into the current knowledgebase.
- Creation of product troubleshooting guides to assist support teams.
- Must have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, multitasking environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate initiative, a strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, access rights and security policy standards.
- Ability to work with end users to investigate and resolve issues while ensuring customer satisfaction.
Required Experience/Skills & Education:
- Strong problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of troubleshooting and information gathering tools like nslookup, traceroute, wireshark, tcpdump, netcat, netstat, nbtstat, etc
- Experience with scripting (PERL, BASH, VBS or Powershell) is desirable
- Installing, managing, and maintaining Linux, AIX, Solaris, HPUX, VMware, Cisco, and Windows systems
- Excellent at providing positive customer service
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize job requirements
- Effective problem resolution
- Ability to communicate at multiple levels with customers (i.e. technical / management)
- Ability to support multiple products simultaneously
- Selfmotivated (takes initiative)
- Technical certifications such as MCSE, CCNA/CCIE, RHCE, or other are highly desirable
Do you enjoy working with open source applications, improving on the work of others and helping the community? Do you eat, breathe and sleep JSP? FireScope's Dallas location is looking for just such an individual to join our small development team. Enjoy a relaxed environment and flexible work hours along with competitive salary and great benefits.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for creating detailed design specification for application components based on business requirements and conceptual designs
- Responsible for ensuring that software requirements are accurately reflected in detailed designs and coded modules
- Responsible for ensuring that software requirements are accurately reflected in coded modules
Qualifications (2-4 years experience required with the following technologies)
- Java 6
- Extensive server-side experience handling large amounts of transactions per second
- Strive working in a face-paced environment
- Spring framework
- Design Patterns
- Service Oriented Architecture
- JUnit testing framework
- Eclipse IDE
- Mule ESB
- SVN (Subversion)
Advanced knowledge with any of the following is also plus:
- Computer Networking
- Network monitoring
- NetApp (and other storage technologies)
© 2014 - FireScope, Inc. - Manage What Matters Now. FireScope is a registered trademark of FireScope, Inc.