Senior Sales Engineer
Central, North and Southern California Regions
FireScope is seeking a Senior Sales Engineer to immediately join our team. This individual should be highly motivated, growth oriented, independently driven and well-seasoned in enterprise software solution sales.
- Assist in acquiring new business
- Continue to grow relationships with established customers
- Consult with prospective customers to identify immediate and future needs
- Design appropriate FireScope solution based on identified requirements
- Creating presentations
- Complete business value assessments
- Perform business technology alignment surveys
- Conduct onsite and online technical demonstrations to prospective customers
- Implement FireScope solutions based on customer requirements
- Manage customer relationships to ensure continued success and growth opportunities
- Have availability to travel greater than 30% of the time.
Ideal candidate will have a background in systems administration or management, consulting and/or similar environment. This individual must also possess the following.
- 5 - 10 years technical sales experience with enterprise customers
- 3 - 5 years network operations and systems administration experience
- Experience translating customer requirements into development and engineering deliverables
- Ability to understand customer's immediate and future needs and how they relate to FireScope
- Thorough understanding of industry standard network technologies
- Understanding of sales cycle and business procurement processes
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Experience leading in-depth technical training classes, webinars, online demonstrations, and workshops
- Ability to create and maintain long standing relationships with all levels at customer organizations
- Ability to quickly determine differences in technologies and provide business value based on these differences
An individual with the additional desired knowledge below is highly preferred and will be considered immediately.
Experience with the following technologies is a plus:
- Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Load Balancers (Cisco, Juniper, etc.)
- VMware Virtual Infrastructure and vSphere
- Microsoft Windows, Exchange, SQL Server
- Red Hat and SUSE based Linux
- MAC OS
- IBM AIX
- Oracle, MySQL, Solaris, Java
- Apache, IIS, Tomcat
- Ability to mentor and/or manage other sales engineers and internal support
- Network and Systems management, monitoring and administration experience
- Expertise providing direction to development on industry best practices
- Knowledge and experience of competitor products
- Industry certifications to include CISSP, CCNP, MSCE, VCP, RHCE, SCMDBA, SCSA
If you are a pre/post sales engineer looking for an exciting opportunity in a fast paced, emerging growth company and have experience in network operations, systems administration and enterprise software sales you are encouraged to immediately submit your resume.